Saturday, October 3, 2009

A big Mahalo! - End of the Makahiki "Daze"


     I would like to take the time to thank Aquahunters.com and it's admins; Rocket, AlphaDog and the Uyeda Brothers for putting together a great tournament for the kayak angler's of Hawaii. Although I was never able to hit the 40 days allowed for the tourney, everyday that I did go out was an absolute blast. Not everyday was a catch day, but every day out was a true learning day. I was able to meet and become great friends to some guys that I probably wouldn't have hooked up with otherwise. We encouraged each other and watched each other's backs on and off of the water. Dave, Stan, Mike and me turned into the 0-dark-30 crew, so named because that was the usual time we would meet up to go fishing.
     Now that that tournament is over, the pressure to get out to compete is gone. But the desire to fish has become greater. Once the weather gets more agreeable, we'll be out there again enjoying the water, the scenery and some great company.  I can't wait for the Makahiki Banquet in December. There should be some really nice awards for the Top 10 of the Makahiki Tournament and some great raffle prizes as well. Best of all, it will be awesome to meet up with the other anglers.

     I'll be continuing this as a fishing journal. I have learned much by keeping this blog. I'll be more detailed with times and places, images and maps, gear, bait, etc. More for myself so I can look back and track what worked where and when.

     For those that actually found this blog and took the time to read my posts.  A big Mahalo to you too.

End of the Makahiki "Daze".
Aloha,
Mikey

1 comment:

  1. awesome blog mikey, always a pleasure to read your adventures...glad to have had you in the makahiki...you've(and myself and others) have grown alot from this tourney, I think.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete