Sunday, August 16, 2009

Makahiki Day 12 / Paddler's Papio Open tournament

The Paddler's Papio Tournament in Haleiwa was a success. Organized by Coastal Kayak Tours and Windward Boats, the tournament brought in around 50 competitors slugging it out for a $1000 top prize and a new Trident 13 for biggest fish.


My day was great. Got out there with the crew early on and fished nearly 7hrs straight. I was able to hook up with 3 Lai'i and 1 Aha. I was hoping the rest of the crew (Dave and Mike) were as lucky. None of us got a Papio this day but enjoyed the time on the water. It wasn't as brutal a day as far as winds but the Sun was kicking our asses. I came away dehydrated even after reminding ourselves on the water to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.


All my fish were caught on my lightest pole with a bubble rig setup using a white curly tail grub, standard shore whipping gear. LOL, go figure.


Hrs logged:
0500 - 1200hrs.


More pics on the Aquahunter's facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6128&id=100000011078132














Paddler's Papio Open - Papio Tournament August 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment