Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Makahiki Day 14


Sun 8/23
Solo run
Haleiwa, N.Shore

None of the other guys were able to make it so I made a solo run out of the harbor and towards Waialua. Got there around 0500 and made it on the water shortly after. Put out a 20' diving Rapala and a bubble rig with white curly tail for the surface. Made my way out into light winds and dark overcast skies. Nothing seemed to want to hit the Rapala or curly tail so once I got to the Condos in Waialua I changed the light setup to Damashi and hunted the edges of the trench. Marked a few schools and was able to bring up a couple of 'A'awa (tableboss).

The winds came up early around 0830-0900 so I slowly made my way back to the harbor. Dropped the damashi here and there when I marked some fish but didn't get any new bites. Got back in to the harbor around 1000 and paddled back into the launch area.

A quiet day but was happy I brought in a couple of fish for some points.

***Gotta say that the 'A'awa were great steamed.  Some Celantro and Onions in hot oil poured over it gave it that extra "POW!".  ***

Hrs-0530-1000hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment